Crunchy popcorn, salty pretzels, and mini peanut butter cups covered in peanut butter caramel and generously drizzled with milk chocolate and peanut butter.
How is your December schedule looking? Is it crazy busy with all the Christmas stuff? Or are you able to enjoy all the extra, little blessings this month holds? It’s a battle isn’t it.
This year I’m trying to take a step back and breathe between all the extra events and obligations the month holds.
You would think with a baking blog, I would be up on my Christmas cookie game. But I haven’t even thought about what I should make. And honestly, I may not make any. Gasp. I’m not going to stress over the expectations I put on myself. I want to enjoy the little moments with my family.
I do have a few events where I need to bring a Christmas treat, so I’m probably going to make a few more batches of this easy popcorn to bring. It’s a fun peanut butter twist on traditional caramel popcorn with some mini pretzels and peanut butter cups thrown in. Super addicting.
Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- In a heavy stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add a few kernels of popcorn. When the kernels pop, add the remaining popcorn and cover it with a lid. Gently shake the pot over the burner to keep them from burning as the kernels pop. Continue shaking until the popping has slowed. Remove from heat and let cool. Combine the popped popcorn and pretzels in a large bowl and set aside.
- Grease a sheet pan and set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar and honey over medium heat until bubbly, boil gently for 2 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Pour over the popcorn and pretzels and stir gently to coat. Spread onto the greased sheet pan and allow to cool.
- When cool, sprinkle with the mini peanut butter cups. Melt the milk chocolate chips by microwaving for 10-second intervals, stirring between each session. When melted, drizzle over the cooled popcorn. Repeat with the peanut butter chips. Let cool to harden. Store in an airtight container.
Here are some other delicious snack recipes to make:
Cake Batter Popcorn from Two Sisters Crafting
Marshmallow Caramel Corn from Let’s Dish Recipes
Homemade Puppy Chow from Hoosier Homemade
Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow from Deliciously Sprinkled.