A thick peanut butter cookie bar, just like your favorite thick and chewy peanut butter cookie, but only in easy cookie bar form.
Where are my peanut butter lover’s? Today’s recipe is for you. We all love a good peanut butter cookie (In fact, I have the best peanut butter cookie recipe on the planet on my blog.) And today I’m showing you how to make them in bar form.
My oven is super small and making cookies can be a pain since I can only bake 8 cookies at a time. And I’m sure some of you don’t always have the time to make sheet after sheet of peanut butter cookies, so this is basically peanut butter cookie dough, baked in a 9×13 inch pan.
And there are no dry, crunchy peanut butter cookies allowed on my watch, and baking them in pan ensure they will be thick and chewy (and slightly doughy if that’s your thing) I like to under-bake mine just a bit.
How to make peanut butter cookie bars
I can’t express enough how easy this recipe is, dangerously easy. And it only requires pantry staples, so you basically always have everything you need on hand to make them.
That makes this recipe perfect for when you need a last minute treat to take somewhere or just have a late night baking craving.
Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, stir in dry ingredients, bake and ta-da! Peanut butter cookie bars. It’s that easy.
We like to enjoy our peanut butter cookies around here in many different ways. Never can have too much peanut butter.
We also like these no bake peanut butter cookies, a good peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and for times when you’re feeling extra, these peanut butter balls are amazing on their own or on these Buckeye Brownie Bites.
And if you take your peanut butter cookies as serious as we do, you also need to check out this peanut butter cookie dessert from I Am Baker. It takes ordinary peanut butter cookies and turns them into a fancy dessert worthy of Christmas dinner.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it. Leave me a comment below or give it a rating in the recipe card. Happy Baking!
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter I use Jif Creamy
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter in the 9×13 baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until just set. But DO NOT overbake. They will firm up as the cool. Let cool before cutting into bars.
- But honestly, I like them warm and gooey, but the don't hold their shape well if you cut before they have cooled.
- Store tightly covered on the counter for a day or two or freeze for up to a few weeks.
Save this recipe for later. Pin the image below on Pinterest