Melted dark chocolate is whipped with tangy cream cheese and a bit of cream to create this luxurious No Bake Chocolate Mousse.
Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
I am a huge fan of quick desserts. After spending time making dinner, it’s nice to be able to put a sweet treat on the table without a lot of fuss.
And, this eggless chocolate mousse is about as easy as it gets. It’s a no-bake recipe that is stabilized with cream cheese and involves no raw eggs. And, it’s ready in less than ten minutes!
Eggless Chocolate Mousse
This terrific treat is a great deal like the filling of a chocolate mousse cheesecake. It’s cold and creamy, light and rich. You can eat it on its own, or dress it up in any number of ways. It’s extremely versatile.
I like to top it with mixed berries, chocolate shavings, and whipped cream, personally. But, it’s also fabulous over graham cracker crumbs to make easy chocolate cheesecake cups.
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- dark chocolate chips
- heavy cream
- cream cheese
- vanilla or almond extract
- optional toppings (chocolate shavings, whipped cream, berries)
Start by putting the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Then, add a bit of heavy cream and microwave for 60 seconds until the chips are soft. Stir together until smooth and glossy.
Next, place the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl and beat with the whisk attachment of an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Then, add the melted chocolate and beat until fully combined.
Slowly add the remaining heavy cream while beating constantly. It should take about 3 minutes for the mixture to be light and fluffy.
Spoon the mousse into a serving dish or individual cups. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with chocolate shavings, berries, or whipped cream, as desired before serving.
No Bake Chocolate Mousse
If you’re looking for another treat like this quick chocolate mousse, look no further than this No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Pie. It’s a breeze to throw together and wonderfully rich.
I also love this No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake recipe. The tart topping makes a world of difference over the sweet filling.
For those of you who want to try this mousse as a dreamy topping, I strongly recommend making a batch of these Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soft and chewy with crispy edges, they’re a joy to eat.
These Peanut Butter Pancakes would be mind-blowing with this easy chocolate mousse layered between them. And now I’m thinking I need to try that with these Berry Pancakes. Simply put, they’re heavenly!
Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- chocolate shavings for serving (optional)
- whipped cream
- fresh berries
- Combine the chocolate chips and ¼ cup of heavy cream in a glass bowl and microwave for 60 seconds until the chips are soft. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl and beat with the whisk attachment of an electric mixer until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Add the melted chocolate. Beat until fully combined.
- Slowly add the remaining ¾ cup of heavy cream while beating constantly, for about 1 minute. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mousse into a serving dish or individual cups. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with chocolate shavings, berries, or whipped cream, as desired before serving.