Learn how to make perfect French Bread Pizza in the air fryer! This method creates cheesy pizzas with a crispy crust. It’s homemade pizza that’s fast enough for a quick lunch or casual dinner.
A perfectly toasted crust, melting cheese, and toppings that sing are all achieved quickly and with no fuss in an air fryer. Air Fryer French Bread Pizza takes this beloved comfort food to new heights.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
I use the COSORI Air Fryer for all of my air fryer recipes. I’m partial to a square basket air fryer as I find it easier to fit more food into the basket. This is a 5.8QT air fryer, one of the largest machines I’ve found that works effectively.
My first machine (photographed in several recipes here) was a bit retro with simple knob controls and I liked it a lot. However, that machine was recalled recently and the company sent out a replacement. I like the new machine every bit as much and have linked it above.
This air fryer is surprisingly easy to clean and the two-part basket locks together (it’s literally impossible for it to detach the way some do) until you open the latch and then push the button to release it. I simply wipe down the baskets with a sudsy dish scrub brush or sponge, rinse and let them air dry on the counter.
French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer
This recipe is sized for the air fryer linked in this post. It is ideal for times when you don’t want to turn on the oven or don’t have access to an oven. If you need more, you can repeat the process for the desired number of servings.
If you’re planning to serve a larger group, or would like to guarantee leftovers, check out this recipe for French Bread Pizza made in the oven. You can easily multiply it and make it on two trays to serve a crowd.
I only recently tried making my French bread pizza in an air fryer. It’s been an absolute game changer for the days that a salad doesn’t sound appealing for lunch and I don’t want to heat up the house with the oven.
Read on to see how long to air fry French bread pizza. Spoiler alert, you’ll be eating delicious pizza in way less time than it takes to have it delivered!
How Long to Air Fry French Bread Pizza
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- French or Italian bread
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning and kosher salt
- freshly shredded mozzarella
- easy pasta sauce (homemade or your favorite brand)
- pepperoni slices (optional)
- fresh Italian parsley
Start by preheating the air fryer to 375°F. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and then cut each half into 3 pieces, as pictured. If the bread is thicker than about 1-inch, press down on each piece until it’s closer to that thickness.
Combine the olive oil and Italian seasonings in a small bowl. Then, brush the sliced portion of each half with the mixture before sprinkling with salt. Top with about half of the cheese. Then, air fry for 4-5 minutes until melted.
While the cheese is melting, warm the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop. When ready, spread the sauce evenly over the melted cheese, then top with the remaining cheese and layer with desired toppings.
Return to the air fryer until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Are you, by chance, still craving pizza? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Pizza Sliders are made with Hawaiian rolls, marinara, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese with a garlic parmesan crust. It’s not the same “pizza” experience as air fryer french bread pizza, but it WILL make you a celebrity at your next tailgate.
If you love crispy, super thin, bar-style pizzas that are popular in restaurants these days, you are going to LOVE this Tortilla Pizza recipe. Made with a cast iron skillet and finished under the broiler, they’re ready in no time flat!
Chicken, ham, bacon, and cheese are layered on a simple pizza crust spread with alfredo sauce to create this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza.
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese sandwich is a fantastic treat, loaded with savory slices of pepperoni, gooey mozzarella, and fresh basil.
Garlic pizza bread dough is filled with a generous amount of tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni to make these Pepperoni Pizza Rolls. This is a super fun way to enjoy all your favorite pizza flavors.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is the perfect party appetizer. I mean, who doesn’t love a piping hot, melting cheese dip full of pepperoni?
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- ½ loaf of French or Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cups easy pasta sauce homemade or your favorite brand
- 10-12 pepperoni slices OPTIONAL
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley chopped small
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and then cut each half into 3 pieces, as pictured. If the bread is thicker than about 1-inch, press down on each piece until it’s closer to that thickness.
- Combine the olive oil and Italian seasonings in a small bowl. Brush the sliced portion of each piece with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle each slice with salt.
- Top the bread with half of the cheese and place in the air fryer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- While the cheese is melting, warm the sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop. Remove the bread from the air fryer and spread the sauce evenly over the bread. Top with the remaining cheese and layer pepperoni over the cheese, if desired.
- Return to the air fryer until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with parsley before serving.