This easy homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream takes just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of hands-on time, no ice cream machine needed.
Pop it into the freezer and in 6 hours, you can have refreshing no churn mint chocolate chip ice cream to cool off with.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but ice cream is my favorite dessert any time of the year.
I enjoy baked treats too, but there is nothing quite as satisfying as a bowl of ice cream. And I’m not picky about the flavor either. I love anything chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, but fruit flavors like strawberry and raspberry are good too.
We live less than a mile from the best little ice cream place in Lancaster County. It’s on a little dairy that processes its own products and makes its own ice cream.
It’s handy to stop down and grab a gallon of milk from their drive-through and of course who can resist an ice cream cone while you are there.
The kids like it when we get out and look at the cows and play with the kittens while we eat our ice cream. It gets an A+ for atmosphere.
We actually used to go more when we were first married before all the tourists found it. Now on any day in the summer it is packed with people, not quite as enjoyable.
We still get our ice cream from there, but occasionally, I have cravings for a flavor that they don’t have and I make my own with this no-churn recipe that is completely customizable.
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract or more, to taste
- 5-6 drops green food coloring
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- In a large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, mint extract and green food coloring. Last, gently stir in the chocolate.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic directly onto the surface of the ice cream. Place in the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Here are some other fun no churn ice cream flavors that sound delicious.
A basic vanilla which is some people’s favorite.
Creamsicle from Mama loves food
I also have a recipe for Peppermint Ice Cream that is perfect for Christmas