This Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookie Recipe starts with my favorite basic chocolate chip cookie dough and adds in lots of Reese’s pieces for the best peanut butter chocolate cookie.
Are you sick of cookie recipes yet? No? Good, because I have at least two more to share with you before December is over. Also, I don’t think we could be friends if you got tired of cookies. Who gets tired of cookies?
These Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies use my favorite chocolate cookie dough (beware, the post has old pictures). And we just add a bunch of Reese’s Pieces instead of chocolate chips. In fact, I love this combination so much I might not ever put regular chocolate chips in my cookie dough any more. Who can resist the chocolate peanut butter combination?
How to make a Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookie Recipe
This is a pretty standard cookie recipe. It starts with butter and sugar creamed together. Then, beat in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and a special ingredient, cornstarch. The cornstarch helps keep these chocolate reese’s pieces cookies super thick and soft.
Last, you’ll stir in the reese’s pieces and chill the dough. I like to make the dough the night before and then bake them the next day. Just be sure to include at least 2 hours to chill the dough. Chilling is important so the cookies don’t spread too much.
These are by far the best chocolate peanut butter cookies you can make!
The Reese’s Pieces add a nice crunch and change of texture and are super easy to throw in. These cookies would be perfect for birthdays, Christmas cookie trays or just everyday snacking. Let me know if you make them!
Chocolate Reese's Pieces Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 and 1/4 cups Reese's Pieces
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir into the wet ingredients. Gently stir in the Reese's Pieces. Set aside some Reese's Pieces for topping the cookies when they come out of the oven if desired.
- Chill the dough for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Do not over bake the cookies. They should like slightly doughy when they are taken out of the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ultimate Reese’s Brownies from Crazy for Crust.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Truffles from Baker by Nature! I want to try these for Christmas
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Here are some of my other favorite chocolate cookie recipes.