Tomato Bacon Capellini is a simple, but elegant pasta recipe for two that features thin capellini tossed with crispy bacon and juicy tomatoes, seasoned with garlic, onions and basil.
Let’s talk date nights in. Aren’t they less stressful than getting ready and heading out somewhere on a Friday night after a full week of work?
Maybe that’s because I’m typing this on a Friday night after an exhausting work week. But, I think we all agree, sometimes it’s more relaxing and romantic to make dinner at home for a cozy evening.
If you stir together a quick batch of these Nutella Brownies for Two, you just might have the perfect date night at home.
Our favorite meals to cook for each other are simple, less than an hour of prep from start to finish, but we still want them to feel special. When I’m feeling fancy, I light the candles and use our fancy china too.
The key here is to avoid spending hours in the kitchen – that will quickly take the fun right out of a date night at home!
Tomato Bacon Capellini
- 5 ounces of capellini pasta
- 8 ounces of thick-cut bacon
- 3 medium of tomatoes diced
- 1 small of onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 ounces of fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Meanwhile, cook the capellini according to the package directions.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon fat in the same skillet until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and cook until slightly softened and bubbly. Stir in the bacon. Toss the capellini in the skillet with the tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.