Melted Parmesan cheese, fresh garlic, and tender chicken are twirled with fettuccine noodles in this creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
For years, I never understood how easy it could be to make your own sauces – instead of buying them in jars. It felt like magic when someone produced something like this in the kitchen. But, it is surprisingly easy to make something so good you’ll want to eat it again and again.
This is the kind of meal that I love bringing to the table. Warm and hearty, garlic chicken parmesan pasta makes a normal weeknight dinner something to look forward to. And, best of all, you can have it on the table in just 30 minutes.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
I adore lemon. There’s nothing quite like it that will bring such a bright and tangy flavor to lift and brighten the richer ingredients in a dish. Garlic, on the other hand, offers a deep, aromatic warmth that’s unmistakably savory.
When they come together in this creamy lemon garlic pasta, the result is heavenly. It is both savory and rich, without becoming heavy.
Garlic Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- fettuccine noodles
- olive oil
- chicken breasts or thighs (boneless and skinless)
- butter and heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Italian parsley
- frozen peas (optional)
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe
Start by placing a large pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil, then add 2 tablespoons of salt and the pasta. Cook according to package directions. Prior to draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Don’t rinse the cooked pasta.
Warm the olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, toss to coat, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Garlic Chicken Pasta
Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. (If you are using chicken breasts, watch closely and adjust cooking time as needed.) When the chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In the same pot or pan used for the chicken, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, then add the cream. Bring to a simmer over medium to medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir to melt. Add the pasta, and the peas if desired. Toss to coat.
If the pasta appears dry, add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if desired. Just before serving, stir the garlic chicken pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Top with extra Parmesan, if desired.
Easy Pasta Recipes
Looking for more easy pasta recipes? Potluck Pasta Salad is filled with bell pepper, pasta, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and cheese. It’s delicious warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Filled with ground beef, pasta, peppers, and jalapenos, this Cowboy Pasta Salad is a hearty, spicy, pasta salad perfect for the meat-lover in your life.
Savory sausage, creamy ricotta and mozzarella, and your favorite spaghetti sauce are baked with bowtie pasta in this Lazy Lasagna recipe twist on traditional lasagna.
Cheesy Pizza Pasta Bake with pepperoni, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, and onions has all of our favorite supreme pizza flavors in an awesome bowl of pasta!
The flavors in this Jalapeno Tuna Pasta Salad were the best impulse decision I’ve made in the kitchen in a while. I really liked this salad from the first bite, but my family went absolutely crazy over it!
Tomato Bacon Pasta is a simple, but elegant pasta recipe for two that features thin capellini pasta tossed with crispy bacon and juicy tomatoes, seasoned with garlic, onions, and basil.
Pasta and sausage in a rich tomato pasta sauce is topped with an abundance of cheese to create this Cheesy Sausage Pasta.
Spicy sausage and tender shrimp make this Jambalaya Pasta a dinner that’ll leave everyone asking for seconds. This saucy one-pot pasta is a weeknight dinner you are going to love.
This creamy Italian Sausage and Tortellini is a perfect quick weeknight dinner. It’s quick and easy and the cream sauce is lighter, but still full of flavor.
These BBQ Chicken Foil Packets are easily made with chicken, a sprinkling of spices, a handful of mixed vegetables, and a brushing of barbecue sauce.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 16 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt for the pasta water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 3/4-1 inch pieces
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 fresh lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1 cup reserved pasta water as needed
- 1 cup frozen peas optional
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Stir to dissolve and add the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Do not rinse the cooked pasta. Set aside.
- Warm the olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, toss to coat, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. (If using breasts, watch closely and reduce cooking time as needed.) When the chicken is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot or pan used for the chicken, melt the butter and add the garlic. When the garlic is fragrant, add the cream and bring to a simmer over medium to medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the parmesan and stir to melt. Add the pasta, and the peas if desired. Toss to coat.
- Add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water, if the pasta appears dry. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with parsley and stir once more. Top individual servings with additional Parmesan. if desired.