What’s not to love about a fully loaded pasta salad filled with chewy bites of bacon and chunks of hard-boiled eggs? This creamy pasta has a bright, smoky dressing made with just a few ingredients and it’s a perfect match for the bacon and eggs.
Pasta with Bacon and Egg
Filling this salad with a whole lot of bacon and egg pretty much guaranteed that my kids would devour it. Is there anyone who doesn’t love a great egg and bacon combination?
Bacon Pasta Salad
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- rotini pasta
- hard-boiled eggs
- green onions
- reserved bacon grease
- white vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
Pasta with Egg and Bacon
Start by cooking the bacon; I prefer to cook bacon in the oven. While the bacon is cooking, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
While the pasta is boiling, chop the eggs and set aside; once the pasta has finished cooking, drain it under cold water to cool and set it aside as well.
When the bacon is out of the oven/off the stove, set it aside to drain on paper towels and cool, then roughly chop or crumble.
Stir together the mayonnaise, bacon grease, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl before adding the pasta, bacon, eggs, and green onions. Toss well to thoroughly coat the pasta.
Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Creamy Pasta Salads
Looking for more creamy pasta salads? Crisp bacon and lettuce, tart tomatoes, creamy hard-boiled eggs, and jalapenos combine to create this creamy, slightly spicy Jalapeno BLT Pasta Salad.
Flaky tuna, crunchy bits of red onion, and bell peppers tossed with freshly cooked pasta in a creamy, tangy dressing make for a colorful Tuna Pasta Salad.
Creamy homemade ranch dressing coats every bite of pasta and vegetables in this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad. Sprinkled throughout with bacon and cheddar cheese, my kids went nuts over this salad.
Looking for more pasta side dishes? Chunks of savory, smoky ham and perfectly seasoned, gooey, melted cheese make this Mac and Cheese with Ham a dinner you’ll make more than once.
This classic Potluck Pasta Salad is filled with bell pepper, pasta, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and cheese. And because this pasta salad doesn’t have a mayonnaise or sour cream base, it’s delicious warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Savor a delightful medley of fresh, ripe vegetables with a tangy homemade vinaigrette in this Zucchini Pasta Salad. This is another recipe perfect for potlucks and it is sure to be one that you will make more than once.
Filled with slices of sweet pears, crunchy toasted pecans, and plenty of bleu cheese crumbles, this easy Pear Salad is sure to be an unforgettable side dish.
This Pear Salad with Gorgonzola and Quinoa is packed full of juicy pears, tangy Gorgonzola, and crunchy pecans with a light dressing.
Bacon Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rotini pasta or the very small pasta of your choice
- 6-8 ounces bacon 5-6 slices, cooked with grease reserved
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons warm liquid bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon plain white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon. (I like to cook bacon in the oven.) While the bacon is cooking, start cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain under cold water until the pasta is cool.
- While the pasta is boiling, chop the eggs and set aside. When the bacon is out of the oven, or off the stove, set it aside to drain on paper towels. Roughly chop or crumble the cooled bacon.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, bacon grease, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the pasta, bacon, eggs, and green onions. Toss well to thoroughly coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.