Andes Mint Cookies are a soft-baked chocolate cookie loaded with Andes Mint pieces and spread with an extra layer of mint goodness. They’re amazing straight from the oven.
So I meant to post these recipes before Christmas, but I decided time with my family and friends was more important than writing about cookies, so I’m sharing these treats with you now. And the timing may be perfect, because while treats abound in December, who doesn’t need some baking inspiration in January , especially soft chocolately, minty, warm-from-the-oven inspiration.
Tyler got me a new camera lens for Christmas, so even though I shot these pictures a week ago, I had to pull them out of the freezer and test out my new lens! I’m loving it!
Its a straight forward cookie recipe with one little extra step for a fantastic minty cookie. Right after you take them out of the oven, place a mint on top of the cookie, let it melt and gently spread it around. They’re great when they have cooled, but my favorite way to eat them is when they’re still warm, and melted.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Andes mint baking pieces
- 24 Andes mints
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter until light colored. Cream in white and brown sugar. Beat in the vanilla and mint extract and the egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Stir into the wet ingredients. Stir in the Andes mint pieces.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 9-11 minutes. Do not overbake or they will be crunchy.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately place 1 and ½ Andes mints on the top of the cookie. Let them sit for a minute until the mint has melted and then gently spread on the cookie with a knife. Let them cool completely before storing, Or enjoy them warm.
Try these other fun cookie recipes!