Mint Chocolate Chip is a favorite flavor combination of mine and these little mint chocolate chip truffles are way too addicting.
A creamy mint filling dipped in good quality dark chocolate makes a perfect indulgence.
I’m a mint chocolate lover and I’m so happy that the mint chocolate recipes on my blog are some of your favorites.
Knowing that you all love mint chocolate as much as I do, I wanted to give you all a bite sized mint chocolate chip recipe you can keep in your freezer and pull out whenever you have a craving.
I’m a fan of mint chocolate chip all year, no special occasion needed, but these easy chocolate mint chip truffles would be especially good around Christmas.
Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract or ⅛ teaspoon mint oil
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 12 ounces dark chocolate for dipping
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and mint extract until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Chill the filling for at least 3 hours.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper. The filling can get sticky. Pop it back in the fridge to chill a bit more if it gets too sticky to work with. Chill the truffles for at least 3 hours.
- Gently melt the chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or in the microwave for 10 second intervals. Dip each of the chilled truffles in the chocolate and let cool completely on parchment paper. Store in the fridge. Will last a week in the refrigerator or several weeks in the freezer.
Here are some other mint chocolate chip recipes that sound amazing.
Mint Chocolate Chip Dip from Homemade Hooplah
Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
And for very special occasions, Mint Chocolate Chip Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Some other favorites: