Lemon Oreo Truffles use just three ingredients and are super quick to make. They’re creamy inside with a lovely lemony sweetness.
The centers of these Oreo truffles are made of crushed Oreos and cream cheese. That’s it.
Cream cheese and Oreos have a magical relationship that makes them so creamy people might think you slaved over the stove with a candy thermometer.
Lemon Oreos are my new favorite Oreo. The lemon is just a perfect fit for the creamy Oreo filling. I’m not sure what I’m going to do if they’re ever discontinued!
To make these truffles, you’ll finely crush a package of lemon Oreos in the food processor. Combine the crumbs and a package of softened cream cheese and beat together until smooth.
Roll the mixture into balls and place in the freezer. Melt white chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Dip the slightly frozen balls in white chocolate.
If desired, garnish with some white chocolate that has been tinted yellow. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Lemon Oreo Truffles
- 1 package Lemon Oreos (see note below)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups white chocolate melting chips
- Pulse Oreos, filling and cookie portions, in a food processor until finely ground. Combine the Oreo crumbs and softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl, and beat until smooth.
- Roll mixture into balls using a generous tablespoon per ball. Place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place white chocolate in a deep bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring after each time. Dip the partially frozen balls into white chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden.
- If desired, tint some white chocolate yellow with food coloring and drizzle over the chocolate-covered truffles. Store in the refrigerator.