An easy pumpkin dessert for fall and thanksgiving, this no bake pumpkin cheesecake is a pumpkin and cheesecake lovers dream.
I’m a little embarrassed to be sharing this pumpkin dessert with you already, but I know you will all want the recipe later. So just save it to your fall Pinterest board and come back later when cool weather hits to enjoy it.
Ingredients for no bake pumpkin cheesecake
So I’ve shared no bake lemon cheesecake, no bake nutella cheesecake and no bake blueberry cheesecake and this recipe is very similar, instead of nutella or lemon curd, we use pumpkin in the filling. Here is what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature. Plan ahead because this will take several hours. I’ve tried to make the cheesecake with too cold cream cheese before and it turns out lumpy.
- Powdered sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- Canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Heavy whipping cream -OR- Cool Whip. If you use whipping cream, you’ll need to beat it until stiff peaks form before folding it into the cheesecake.
- Homemade (or store bought) graham cracker crust
How to make no bake pumpkin cheesecake
Start by making the graham cracker crust. I have a post on how to make a no bake graham cracker crust. That gives a ton of tips and tricks on how to do it. Set it in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
Similar to my other no bake cheesecake recipes, you’ll start by beating together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Then beat in the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
When that’s done, gently fold in the cool whip or homemade whipped cream. Scoop into the crust and smooth out. You’ll need to chill the cheesecake pie for 6 hours to set up.
I like to serve with additional whipped cream. This recipe is a great alternative to pumpkin pie on thanksgiving or it would be perfect for when you’re craving pumpkin, but it’s still warm out and you don’t feel like baking. (like right now 🙂
If you’re craving some twists on traditional pumpkin pie, try my layered pumpkin cheesecake bars, or my pumpkin pie cheesecake (this is a favorite 🙂 or the best pumpkin sheet cake you will ever have. I also have my eye on this pumpkin cheesecake trifle recipe, it look delicious and like it would feed a crowd.
If you make this recipe, let me know how you liked it. Leave me a comment below or give it a rating in the recipe card. Happy Baking (Or No-Baking)!
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
For the graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 9-10 sheets
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
For the pumpkin cheesecake
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream -OR- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Start by making the crust. Stir together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch dish. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. If you are using heavy cream, whip it in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream. Carefully spread the mixture on top of the crust, being careful not to break it.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Serve with additional whipped cream or cool whip. Store in the refrigeratore, best eaten within a few days.
Save this recipe for later, save it to your fall Pinterest board