Put your leftover pot roast to good use in this Leftover Roast Beef Pot Pie.
It re-purposes all the beef, potatoes, carrots and gravy into a delicious pie. Feel free to use a pre-made pie crust to make this a quick and easy dinner recipe!
Remember how I promised you more easy recipes you can make for dinner? Well a few weeks ago I posted Zuppa Toscana Soup and now I’m back sharing a recipe for an easy Beef Pot Pie you can make using your leftovers from a pot roast.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a leftover pot roast, you can still make the pie, you’ll just have to cook cubed beef and vegetables first.
This recipe is based on one my mom made for us growing up and it is comfort food, perfect for a rainy day like we are having today.
Doesn’t that filling look amazing? I just want to grab a spoon and eat this all over again.
Anyway, my last bragging point on the pie is the fact that my husband helped himself to another piece as a bedtime snack it was so good. Who is he anyway?
Leftover Roast Beef Pot Pie
- 1 to p and bottom pie crust for a 10 inch pie homemade or store bought (I made a whole wheat crust)
- 2 cups cooked cubed beef (I used leftover pot roast)
- 3-4 cups total of cooked potatoes carrots and or frozen peas (I used the leftover potatoes and carrots from the roast and then added frozen peas to make up the difference. Feel free to use your favorite combination of vegetables.
- 2 1/2 cups beef gravy I used the leftover drippings to make some. You can make homemade or use storebought.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 egg beaten (to brush on the crust if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare the pie dough and line the bottom of the pie plate with the bottom crust.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, gravy, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Gently fill the crust with the mixture and top with the second crust. Crimp the edges and brush with a beaten egg, if desired.
- Bake at 425 F for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.
- ***You can also cook fresh beef and vegetables for the pie instead of using leftovers, but it will take a bit longer.***
Pot pie is such comfort food and these other variation sounds delicious too!
This Taco Pot Pie from Lemon Tree Dwelling sounds terrific as well.