A simple pizza topped with grilled chicken, ham, bacon, swiss and mozzarella cheese.
A few weeks ago my sister, Dana, came to spend a few days with me. We enjoyed a lot of sisterly conversation, shopping, cooking and eating. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza was one of our creations. Chicken, ham, bacon and Swiss Cheese are layered on a basic pizza crust spread with Alfredo sauce.
It’s an easy twist on a classic dinner. Since the weather has been so nice, I’ve been outside planting flowers, going on walks and just enjoying the sunshine. The past few weeks I’ve been avoiding spending time in my kitchen in favor of being outside. Thankfully, this pizza is easy to throw together even when making your own crust. This crust recipe from Chef in Training has worked great for me. Having chicken cooked ahead of time will also make this recipe great for last minute suppers.
- 1 pizza crust, ours was approximately 12 x 8 inches
- ½ cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 6 or so slices of thinly sliced ham
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
- Roll out the pizza crust into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread with Alfredo sauce. Top the pizza with cooked chicken, ham, bacon and both cheeses. Bake according to the instructions on the crust. Watch it close at the end of the baking time to prevent the cheese from browning too much.
Try one of our other favorite Pizzas, Philly Cheesesteak!