I’m going to interrupt the normal fall schedule of pumpkin and chocolate recipes and bring you these Spinach and Artichoke Bagels. They are mini bagels with the traditional hot spinach and artichoke dip baked on top. (Don’t worry, there is a whole lot more pumpkin and chocolate coming!) But I’m absolutely in love with these little guys for a variety of reasons: First, because spinach and artichoke dip is one of my favorites (Who can resist all those gooey, cheesy flavors?). Plus, there is spinach in it, so I don’t have to feel guilty, right?
Second, because they are mini! I can’t resist anything in mini form, whether it’s mini animals (pigs in particular!), or mini utensils or mini food! With mini food, you get to eat more of them too. Although you couldn’t tell that they are mini from the pictures. Is it normal to get all happy and excited over something extra small?
These are also way easier to eat than the traditional dip too! Spinach and Artichoke dip has so much cheesy goodness that spills strings of cheese everywhere when trying to scoop it up with a chip. Problem solved with these bagels! The dip is already on top! They make a great party appetizer as well; the dip topping can be made the day before and then baked on top of the bagels right before they are served. They only take a few minutes to bake. But you don’t have to wait for a party to make them, because they’re just as great for lunch!
Spinach and Artichoke Bagel Melts
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 can 13 ounces artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 5 oz freshly grated Parmesan
- 14 ounces freshly grated Mozzarella
- 18 mini bagels cut in half.
- Coarsely chop the spinach and drain the artichoke hearts. In a large bowl, beat together, mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the onion, garlic and Dijon mustard. Gently stir in spinach, artichoke hearts and cheeses until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Cut the bagels in half and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Spread with about two tablespoons of the dip mixture. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cheese it melted and bubbly. If desired, place them under the broiler for the last minute or two until the cheese starts to brown, but watch them carefully. The are best when served immediately. The dip can be made a day or two ahead of time and spread on the bagels and baked right before they are served.
Do you love these flavors as much as we do? You’ll want to try this One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta from My Suburban Kitchen too!
10 Comments Leave a comment or review
Heidi Pence says
That sounds good.
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a brilliant idea! Definitely need to try these soon!
Jen @ Baked by an Introvert says
What a great way to spruce up a bagel. And mini food is always so much more fun to eat. Pinning!
Faith @ PixieDustKitchen says
Mmmm all that cheese…. yes please! I love how easy these are to make! Definitely trying sometime soon. 🙂
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
Oh wow! This is a fabulous idea! I flipping love bagels, but with artichoke dip slathered on…delicious!
Pam Garrett says
These look delicious. I had a Spinach and Artichoke bagel at Dunkin Donuts this weekend and it was good, but yours looks so much better. I’ve got to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing.
Shashi @ runninsrilankan says
OHEMMMGEEE – hot spinach and artichoke dip BAKED ON TOP OF A BAGEL!!!How unique is this!
Miranda @TheRusticPear says
Mallory, YUM!!! I love the spinach artichoke with Bagel! Great Idea! 🙂
Helaine Young says
Oh my!! We just made these for lunch. My daughter found the recipe and wanted to try it. Absolutely delicious!!! 🙂
I am SO happy that you posted this! A popular donut company sold these bagels and I adored them, but they are “seasonal” and I can not get them anymore! Off to the store for the makings of the spinach artichoke makings! Thank you!