Juicy, salty kielbasa sausage and tender-crisp cabbage is a match made in food heaven. With the addition of some chopped onions and garlic, this Sausage Stir Fry becomes a simple one-pan dinner the whole family loves.
Kielbasa Stir Fry
Who would say no to a flavor combination like this one? The empty plates speak for themselves every time!
I’ve been making quick and easy stir fries with kielbasa for years now, and every time I make one, it’s still hit with all of the kids and adults. Nothing beats a meal that comes together in barely 15 minutes and is devoured by everyone.
Whether it’s served with an assortment of side dishes or all on its own, this dish remains a great option whenever we’ve needed to get dinner on the table at the last minute.
Cabbage and Sausage
There are endless ways to combine cabbage and sausage for easy meals. I love this combination because both ingredients will keep for weeks in the fridge, making them staples in my meal planning.
No dinner plan? No problem. Start some sausage, add some cabbage, and change up the flavors however you like with a handful of different ingredients. I typically just use whatever else I might happen to have on hand.
When I really love the result, I love sharing the new combinations with you. Try this Cheesy Sausage with Cabbage and Potatoes next.
Italian White Bean Cabbage and Sausage Soup is loaded with great flavors and it’s filled with far more vegetables and meat than broth. It’s a popular recipe that we’ve been making for at least ten years now.
You’re only 20 minutes and 5 ingredients away from the awesomeness that is this flavor-filled Sausage Egg Roll In A Bowl. Just trust me on this one and put it on your must-try list now.
Sausage Hash with Cabbage, Potatoes, and Beans is another one of our go-to dinners on nights when I either don’t have a dinner plan or have very little motivation to cook.
Hash is one of the most versatile meals I make and it’s another excellent recipe to have in your pocket for easy dinners. You can swap spinach for the cabbage, swap bacon for the sausage, skip the beans, skip the vegetables, add more vegetables, use sweet potatoes, drop an egg on top; there are countless variations and they are all delicious. Sausage is an ingredient you will always find in my refrigerator, just for meals like this one.
Sausage Stir Fry
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- kielbasa/smoked sausage
- garlic cloves
- green cabbage
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- apple cider vinegar
Sausage Stir Fry Recipe
Start by warming the oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, toss to coat, and then cook until browned (this should take about 5 minutes), making sure to stir often.
Transfer the kielbasa to a plate, return the pan to the stove, and add the onion to the grease remaining in the pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened; then add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan. You can use a metal spatula to scrape up all of the browned bits.
Add the garlic, cabbage, salt, and pepper to the skillet and toss well to combine.
Add a generous splash of water (roughly 2-3 tablespoons) and cover the skillet. Allow it to cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender-crisp (about 8-9 minutes).
Return the kielbasa to the pan, add the vinegar, and toss to mix. Taste the result and add more salt, if needed.
If there is liquid left in the pan, increase the heat to high for a minute or two with the pan uncovered, just long enough to evaporate it. Serve warm.
Looking for more easy stir fry dinner recipes?
This Sweet And Spicy Chicken Stir Fry is filled with broccoli and peppers and tossed in a terrific barbecue sauce for a savory sweet meal we all love. And these Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas are simple to make with just five ingredients!
This Smoked Sausage Vegetable Stir Fry is a complete meal, in one pan, on the table in less than 20 minutes. Smoked sausage with peppers and onions, is delicious, colorful, and easy every time. Smokey and sweet is always a hit!
Inspired by my love of Mexican street corn, Skillet Mexican Street Corn with Squash and Kielbasa brings all of the flavors that I love together in one skillet meal.
Saucy Ground Beef Stir Fry with crisp bell peppers and broccoli is an easy weeknight dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes. My kids very happily clean their plates when this is on the table.
Sausage Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon light flavor olive oil
- 1 pound kielbasa smoked sausage sliced into ¼-inch thick pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons water divided
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small head green cabbage cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces, approximately 8 cups
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Warm the oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, toss to coat, and then cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Transfer the kielbasa to a plate.
- Return the pan to the stove and add the onion to the grease remaining in the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan and use a metal spatula to scrape up all of the browned bits.
- Add the garlic, cabbage, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine and add a generous splash of water, 2-3 tablespoons. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender-crisp, about 8-9 minutes.
- Return the kielbasa to the pan and add the vinegar. Toss to mix throughout. Taste and add more salt, only if needed. If there is liquid remaining in the pan, increase the heat to high for a minute or two with the pan uncovered, just long enough to evaporate it. Serve warm.