The lightest, fluffiest lemon cheesecake you will ever have. Topped with whipped cream and a strawberry.
I will be many miles away from my mom on Mother’s day. But if I was close, I would make here these adorable, little cheesecakes.
They are super light and fluffy, just like eating a cloud, and the lovely lemon flavor shines through like a ray of sunlight.
Makes me think of spring, which by the way, I finally declared was here this week. The grass and trees are green, the flowers are blooming and the sun finally feels warm again.
The trick to these light and fluffy cheesecakes is to beat the egg white separately, and gently fold them in at the last second. Then fill the cupcake liners almost to there rim and bake them at a nice low oven temperature.
The centers will sink as they bake, but never fear, they will remain fluffy. Besides, the indentation left in the middle is just perfect for the dollop of whip cream and strawberry.
Mini Lemon Ricotta Cheesecakes
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 3 T butter melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 T lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for topping
- Strawberries optional
- Line muffin tins with 15 cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Stir in the melted butter. Press about a tablespoon of crumb mixture into the bottom of each cupcake paper.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar, egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice and zest. Blend until creamy. This can take a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs whites until stiff peaks form. Its helps to chill the bowl, beaters, and white before whipping.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixtures.
- Spoon into the cupcake paper, filling them up to to ½ inch of the rim.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until just set. Don’t over bake.
- Turn off the oven and open the door and let them cool for one hour before taking them out of the oven. Chill.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and a strawberry if desired.