Fluffy eggs, savory ham, and bright peppers are topped with plenty of cheese in this Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole with a wonderful flaky crust.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
I’ve been on such a kick lately with breakfast casseroles. I enjoy playing with the various ingredients and seeing what turns out and doesn’t. It’s a bit of a departure from what I’ve typically served in the past at my table.
Usually, I prefer my breakfast items individually, and not mixed all together in a single serving. Though, I do adore my husband’s breakfast burritos. So, I’m not exactly opposed to the concept.
Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls
I made this crescent roll breakfast casserole recipe with ham, but it will work nicely with cooked and crumbled sausage or bacon as well. Feel free to use whichever protein suits your preference.
A lot of my forays into casseroles like this use potatoes of some kind, but this breakfast casserole with crescent rolls has a bona fide crust, which I like. It’s almost like a savory breakfast pie in texture.
One of the really nice things about this breakfast casserole recipe with crescent rolls is that you can make it ahead of time and freeze it in individual servings for meal prep. I love how easy it is to enjoy in the morning without any work.
Simply pop a slice in the microwave and you’ll be enjoying it piping hot in no time at all. It’s especially great for feeding people who are on different schedules. I like knowing that they’re getting a hearty breakfast.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- crescent rolls
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- cooked ham
- bell pepper
- shredded cheese
- fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
Start by preheating the oven to 375°F. Unroll the dough, and press it into the bottom of an ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish. Press the perforated lines to seal them together. Then, prick the crust with a fork.
Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the dough has set and is barely beginning to brown at the edges. While the crust bakes, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a medium-sized bowl.
Pour the egg mixture over the crust, when it finishes baking. Then, scatter the ham and bell pepper evenly over the dish. Top with shredded cheese. Then, bake for 20-24 minutes, until the eggs have set and the edges are golden.
Let the casserole cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired.
Make Ahead Breakfast Casseroles
If you’re a fan of make ahead breakfast casseroles, be sure to check out these recipes, too.
Savory ham and hearty potatoes are baked to perfection along with plenty of melted cheese, making this Ham and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole a true comfort food.
This Bacon Asparagus Frittata makes everyone at my table so happy. It’s so easy to throw together and get this meal to the table, whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Warm hash browns, crumbled bacon, eggs, and cheese create an Amish Breakfast Casserole that is pure morning magic.
Say goodbye to leftovers with this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. Layered with crispy tater tots, gooey cheese, savory sausage, and fluffy eggs this breakfast casserole has earned thumbs up around the table every time I serve it.
Fluffy, creamy eggs layered with an abundance of bacon, cream cheese, and jalapenos add up to the Jalapeno Popper Casserole of which dreams are made.
Scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, green chile, cheese, and soft tortillas are some of our favorite foods. It makes perfect sense that when you layer them all together you’d get a delicious one-pan Breakfast Enchiladas.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent rolls (1) 8-count can
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- ⅔ cup finely diced red bell pepper (make the pieces about the same ¼-inch size as the ham)
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend cheddar, or colby jack cheese, about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley or cilantro finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll the dough, and press it into the bottom of an ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish. Press the perforations to seal. Prick with a fork. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the dough has set and is barely beginning to brown at the edges.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Whisk to combine and pour over the crust in the pan.
- Distribute the ham and bell pepper evenly over the dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until the eggs have set and the edges are golden brown. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro, if desired.