Soft, buttery rolls spread with a cream cheese mixture and stuffed with juicy raspberries. These Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls make a special treat.
These raspberry sweet rolls were a favorite with everyone at Easter this past weekend. What’s not to love about raspberries, cream cheese and buttery yeast bread? The dough is a family favorite used in our traditional cinnamon rolls. The raspberry and cream cheese filling in these rolls is a new twist, making them perfect for Spring brunch.
I’m super partial to this sweet yeast dough recipe. All the butter and eggs in the dough make it super soft and moist. The dough for these rolls can be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator to rise until morning. Then in the morning, take out the dough and roll it out. That takes out some of the waiting time involved. A bit time intensive yes, but worth every minute.
These rolls use my favorite basic sweet yeast dough recipe as the base. For extra tips and tricks and a tutorial on how to make the perfect dough, be sure to check out that post before you make these!
- ½ tablespoon instant yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter, well softened, but not melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cups frozen raspberries
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk.
- Proof the yeast in the warm milk for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Whisk in the sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir in the flour until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for a few minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Toss the raspberries in the cornstarch right before rolling out the dough.
- Roll the dough into an 10 by 18 inch rectangle. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough with a butter knife. Sprinkle with the raspberries and roll up tightly starting on the short edge.
- Using thread or a very sharp knife, cut the log into 8 or 9 rolls. Place them in a greased 12 inch skillet or 11 x 7 baking pan. Let rise in a warm place until double. Bake at 375 F for 15-16 minutes. Double check the center rolls to make sure they are not doughy before removing from the oven.
- Let the rolls cool slightly before drizzling with the glaze. Add more milk if necessary to thin the glaze.
Try these other great breakfast recipes:
Looking for some other sweet roll recipes? Try:
Sticky Lemon Sweet Rolls from Simply Gloria
Or these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gimme Some Oven
And these Pineapple Cream Cheese Rolls from Baking a Moment also look perfect for Spring!