Inside Out Caramel Apples
Inside Out Caramel Apples are a fun fall treat. Cored apples are filled with caramel sprinkled with cinnamon and baked until tender, then topped with pecans and more caramel for an easy dessert.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 apples I used granny smith, but use whatever are your favorite
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce I use homemade
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Caramel Sauce from drizzling on top
- a handful of chopped pecans optional
Preheat oven to 350 F. Core each apple, leaving 1/2 inch of core at the bottom. Place each apple on a square of foil. Fill the hollowed appled with caramel sauce, sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of water. Wrap the apples in the foil and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the apples are slightly soft. Remove from the oven and let cool a bit. Drizzle with additional caramel and sprinkle with pecans before serving.