Potluck Pasta Salad
Potluck Pasta Salad is filled with bell pepper, pasta, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and cheese. It's delicious warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces small bite-size pasta: elbow, fusilli, penne etc
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced and chopped small
- 16 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2.25 ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, diced small
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped small
Cook the pasta according to directions, removing from the heat when it's al dente and rinsing immediately with cold water until the pasta is cool. Set the pasta aside in the colander to drain.
Combine the olive oil and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Add the onions, tomato, bell pepper, and olives to the bowl. Add the pasta and toss well to coat thoroughly. Add the parsley.
Season generously with salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper, only as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1065IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg