Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies - or more accurately, Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - are a cookie that I crave every single time I see these photos.
Servings: 18 cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 and 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 18 soft caramel candies. I used Werther's Original Soft Caramels cut in half they were about a half inch in diameter
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch. Stir into the wet ingredients. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for at least 3 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Roll tablespoons of the dough around the caramel candies. Chill for at least 20 more minutes to firm them up.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Do not over bake the cookies. They should like slightly doughy when they are taken out of the oven. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.