Zuppa Toscana Soup
An easy soup with Italian Sausage, potatoes and kale. Simple, but packed with tons of flavor. Similar to the Zuppa Toscana at Olive Garden, except I didn't include bacon because it's great without. Feel free to add it if you want.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound Italian Sausage we love mild. (I used bulk sausage, but if necessary, just remove the casings)
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4-5 medium white potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 2-3 handfuls of chopped kale adjust amount to your preferences
- grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese for serving if desired
Brown the sausage and onion in a large pot over medium heat. When the sausage is brown and the onions are translucent, add the garlic and saute for several minutes until lightly browned.
Add the chicken broth, potatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are barely soft.
Add kale and simmer for several more minutes until kale is wilted or tender. I like my kale barely wilted, so I only do a couple minutes. Some people like it a bit more cooked.
Top with cheese before serving, if desired.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1313mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g