Big Picnic Taco Salad
A fun, healthy potluck dish. Try this Big Picnic Taco Salad. It comes together quickly, serves a crowd and is everybody's favorite.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and crumbled (double this for an even heartier salad)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (double as needed)
- 1 large bowl lettuce, we like a combination of spinach and garden lettuce about 12 cups worth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole or halved
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 16 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 cups slightly crushed tortilla or corn chips
- 1 cup French catalina dressing
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
In a large skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning as it cooks.
Prepare all vegetables and toppings. Stir together the French Catalina and Italian Dressing. Keep ingredients separate until ready to serve.
When ready to eat, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 613mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 156mg | Iron: 3mg