Old Fashioned Rhubarb Pie
This is a old fashioned rhubarb pie is tangy sweet with the classic custard style base, it's based on a recipe from my great grandma.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 9 inch pie crust, unbaked
- 5 cups diced rhubarb cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar (you can adjusted it up or down 1/4 cup to your preferred sweetness)
- 2 eggs cold
- 5/8 cup cold whole milk 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix the rhubarb and sugar together. Spread in the pie crust and set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, cold milk, flour and salt. Pour over the rhubarb. Bake at 375 F for 50-55 minutes or until filling is set.
Cool completely before slicing. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 151mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g