I made a dangerous discovery this week. I can make rich, creamy ice cream without an ice cream maker. If I had to choose a favorite dessert, treat or comfort food, it would be ice cream every time. So for me to find a way to make it quickly and easily means serious trouble. I wouldn’t want to keep all this delicious trouble to myself, so I’m sharing the easiest ice cream recipe you’ll ever make!
The secret to soft, creamy ice without an ice cream maker is simple; whip the heavy cream. I don’t need to know the science behind it. It just works. When the cream is light and fluffy, mix in a can of sweetened condensed milk, some raspberry jam and white chocolate. The last step is the hardest part, waiting for it to freeze for at least 6 hours. The easiest part, finding friends to share it with. Enjoy.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz white chocolate
- ⅔ cup raspberry jam
- 2 tsp warm water
- Whip the cream with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile, in the microwave the 4 oz of the white chocolate for 10 seconds at a time until melted.
- Chop the other 4 oz of white chocolate into chunks
- Then using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the can of sweetened condensed milk and melted white chocolate and white chocolate chunks.
- In a small bowl, stir together the raspberry jam and warm water until smooth
- Layer one third of the whipped cream mixture in the bottom of a 2 quart bowl or pan. Drizzle one third of the raspberry jam and gently swirl with a knife.
- Repeat the layers two more time.
- Cover tightly with a plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours.
How about No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream?!?
Try using this ice cream recipe in my Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake!