Classic pumpkin bars that are super soft and moist and spread with a thick layer of tangy cream cheese frosting.
So on this rainy fall evening, I bring you the second pumpkin recipe of the season! Because it’s time for #pumpkineverything. It’s amazing how fast the weather can change. Yesterday it was 90 degrees and humid and today was rainy and barely over 70. And I loved everything about today because it genuinely felt like fall and justified my obsession with pumpkin.
If you’re like my sister, whose least favorite season is “pumpkin season” hang on because I have some other fall recipes. (but you should also be trying out these pumpkin bars because they are amazing!) This is a classic recipe that everyone needs on their fall baking list. The recipe is super easy and basically impossible to mess up, perfect for those times where you need a quick dessert that everyone will love.
- 4 eggs
- 1 and ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently stir until well combined. Bake in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting. Beat the cream cheese and butter on high until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Do not over-beat. Spread on top of cooled bars. Cut into bars.
Here are some other fun pumpkin bars to try this fall:
Pumpkin Spice Latte Blondies from Julies Eats and Treats
Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars from Crazy for Crust
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from Roxana’s Home Baking