This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SCNRF http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
This recipe for Chicken Scallopini is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner that doesn’t sacrifice on flavor. Ready in 45 minutes or less, the chicken is browned in a skillet, flavored with garlic, mushrooms and a white wine sauce and baked until tender.
When people hear I have a food blog and mostly post about desserts, I know the wheels in their head are turning and they wonder how in the world I can make all those cookies, cheesecakes and cupcakes and still eat healthy. While I have to admit, blogging about desserts can be derailing to healthy eating, with a little discipline and a good arsenal of healthy and delicious recipes, there is no reason to get off track.
Our healthy main courses usually consist of chicken or fish, because when I come home from work, I need something that can be ready in less than an hour starting from scratch. One of our favorites, and something that I have made several times in the last month, is this Chicken Scallopini. Made with NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions, the recipe is super easy and yet still tender and flavorful. I don’t know about you, but there is nothing worse than a shoe leather chicken breast. I promise this is nothing like that.
Growing up on a small farm and raising our own chickens for meat, I was pretty spoiled when it came to quality chicken: something I didn’t realize until I moved away and started shopping for my own chicken. NatureRaised Farms chicken is the high quality that I’ve been missing: 100% natural* (no added antibiotics, steroids or hormones**) and the chickens are raised in modern, open barns with a safe place to go in bad weather and fed a 100% vegetarian diet. Farmers that take good care of their animals make me happy. Plus, the chicken is super easy to find in the freezer section of your local Sam’s Club.
- 1 to 1 and ½ pounds NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
- ⅔ cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Thaw the chicken breasts portions and pound them to an even ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil in a skillet to a medium high heat. Add a clove of minced garlic. Flour the chicken lightly and brown in two batches until golden, about 3 minutes. Between batches, add additional butter, olive oil and garlic clove.
- Place the browned chicken in an oven proof casserole dish. Heat the last 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet and sauté the mushrooms until tender. Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and white wine and bring to a simmer. Pour the mushrooms and juice over the chicken in the casserole dish. Bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken